We are currently in for our Summer of Shakespeare starting with Rehearsal for The Merry Wives of Windsor by William Shakespeare in a modern verse translation by Dipika Gura. This wonderful script was originally commissioned by Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Artistic Director Nataki Garrett, Former Artistic Director Bill Rauch. Acting Executive Director Paul Christy as part of “Play on! 36 playwrights translate Shakespeare
This production is supported by:
Due to Covid-19 this years season will be a little different. Rather than move around the parks we will be creating special performance zones in each venue and for the first time we will have to put ticketing in place to control numbers and keep track of details to pass to ‘track and trace’ if needed.
Tickets for Merry Wives can be found here: www.arctix.co.uk
Donations towards the productions can be made here: http://www.theatrespace.org.uk/donate/
If you are unable to get a ticket we will live streaming the production for 2 nights during its run.
Covid arrival procedure will be as follows:
- Pre event you will be sent and entrance number and an arrival slot – please make sure to follow these instructions.
- You and your party will be temperature checked and asked about Covid -19 symptoms – if your temperature is over 37.8 or you are displaying any symptoms you will not be allowed to enter the site.
- You will be offered hand sanitisers and we ask you consider wearing a mask.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD TO ISOLATE BY HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS OR TRACK AND TRACE.
- You will be show to your plot and allowed to set up.
- We ask that you bring only sensible amounts alcohol on to site, and do not leave your plot and wonder around the site. There are no toilets on site. There will be no interval and the show will last approx 1hr 30mins.
- You will have the option to donate via contactless card donation on the night as well as via Paypal. As always these donations are optional.
- At the end of the event people will be instructed when it is safe for their party to leave and we appreciate your patience and support with this matter.
- Photography is permitted at these events as is sharing images via social media. We do ask that you do not film the performances.
if you would like to read our risk assessments for the event you can read them here: